Anyway, so I got this award about a month ago from my sweet blogger friend Rosie over at Cupcakes and Nerf Guns and just totally forgot about it, but what better day to do than my 50th post anniversary! Yes, that's right, 50 posts. I only started a few months ago, but I feel like I have come so far already. I'm so looking forward to what the next 50 posts brings me! Okay, back to the Liebster Award! Now that you're all thinking I'm this way important person for receiving an award, the Liebster Award is different. It's an award that bloggers give to other bloggers with less than 200 followers. So basically it recognizes us little guys.
I'd like to think I have lots of blogger friends, but as I was looking at all their blogs, thinking about who I'm going to pass the award on to, I discovered all my blogger friends are cooler than me, and have a lot more followers. So I decided to nominate my sweet friend Dani, whose blog you can find HERE and my other sweet friend Christina, whose blog you can find HERE. I honestly don't even know how many followers they have, but they're both amazing girls who deserved to be recognized.
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
7. No track backs
Okay, 11 facts about me. Here we go.
1. I know a lot of people say they married their best friend, but seriously. Taylor is my BFF. He is always there for me for anything. He even listens to me complain about really stupid things and most the time agrees with me. We're best friends because I'm an extrovert, and he's an introvert.
2. I'd like to think I'm thick-skinned, but honestly I'm extremely insecure. If someone says something bad about me, I pretty much remember it for the rest of my life.
3. I'm majoring at Weber State University in Elementary Education with an emphasis on ASL, but I honestly think I could make a living being a professional organizer.
4. Speaking of that, I'm totally OCD. A dirty house gives me serious anxiety. Which is weird, considering my house is dirty as we speak.
5. If my life had a theme song, it would be Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap. I have a soft spot in my heart for any Indie music. You can find the song HERE so you have a good idea of what I think my life is like.
6. Family is the most important thing to me. I'm such a momma's girl it's ridiculous. And seriously, my siblings are my lifesavers. We are all so different, but we accept each other nonetheless. I'm also lucky that I married into a family that loves me as much as they do. My mother-in-law is the sweetest thing in the world.
7. I LOVE writing. I didn't start this blog just because I love fashion, but because it's a great outlet to express my thoughts as well. I could write and write for days on end if I could.
8. I watch WAY more TV than I really should. My favorite shows right now are Glee, Vampire Diaries, New Girl, Modern Family, American Idol, Castle, Chelsea Lately, Awkward, Teen Mom... and well, you get the picture. I love TV. (P.S. I can't wait until the Bachelorette starts!!)
9. I get WAY too excited about the smallest/dumbest things. For example, the other day, my hubs and I were at Ross and I totally freaked because I found this cute pair of Converse sneakers IN MY SIZE. You don't understand, you guys. I've been looking for a pair of Converse's for a long time!
10. I'm OBSESSED with red velvet cupcakes. No, seriously. Like, my whole diet goes right out the window the second I see a red velvet cupcake. Not red velvet cake. It has to be a CUPCAKE. Don't ask me why. They are definitely my kryptonite.
11. I get anxiety whenever I drive past an intersection, because my biggest fear is getting T-boned. Totally weird, I know, but it really could happen. Drivers are stupid.
Questions from Rosie:
1. Will you bake me a batch of chocolate chip cookies?
Sure! Except one time, I accidentally put powdered sugar instead of flour in my batch and TOTALLY messed them up. My husband will never let me forget that one.
You can pull off anything you think you can pull off! At least that's my mantra.
3. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
Honestly, I would be a dog. They get to sleep ALL day.
4. If you were a professional wrestler, what song would you play as you walked into the ring?
Pff, easy. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Just like Rocky did.
5. Where do babies come from?
Well, when mommies and daddies really love each other...
6. What is your proudest moment? (see, I’m not a complete weirdo).
Hmm. This one is hard. There are little things I've done that I've been proud of, but honestly, I'm more proud of my husband. He has been through hell and back, and is still stronger than I ever will be.
7. What do you do to cheer yourself up?
Retail therapy, for sure. Or stuff my face with delicious, greasy food. Either one. ;)
8. Do you think a vanilla milkshake is boring?
9. Would you ever shoot me in the eyeball with a Nerf bullet?
There's no telling what I can do with a Nerf gun...
10. What is your ideal job?
Honestly, I love the job I have now. But, ideally I would LOVE to be in the fashion world, but more behind the scenes like a writer/editor.
11. If you could travel ANY WHERE in the world, where would you go and what would you do once you where there?
I would definitely go to Bora Bora and the first thing I would do is get myself in the water! One day... it will happen.
11 New Questions
1. What is your favorite food? (Proof that I'm a fat kid at heart)
2. Who is your idol and why?
3. If you could have any wish, what would it be?
4. What is your dream car?
5. If you could be any TV character from any show, who would it be and why?
6. Favorite Disney character?
7. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
8. Who is your biggest idol?
9. What's your favorite pastime?
10. What do want to be when you grow up?
11. Your typical outfit on a weekday?
Well, sheesh. That was a long post! Thanks, Rosie, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I enjoyed it! Hope you guys enjoyed getting up close and personal with me. I seriously need to go take a quiz now, so... thanksbye.