Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm back from my vacation and the feeling is oh-so bittersweet. I love being home with my puppy, but I miss my family and wish I was back on vacation! Getting back to reality SUCKS. Anyway, I'm back with a fun tutorial for you all today! I got tons of compliments on this fishtail updo look so I thought I'd share. It's super easy, just follow the steps below!
1. Brush through hair, making sure there are no tangles. I also like to use dry shampoo all over to give the braids a little more volume.
2. Start by braiding your thicker side with a fishtail braid, then loosen up the braid to make it look thicker, then secure with an elastic.
3. On the other side, start by doing just a regular 3-strand braid. Loosen up the sides on that one as well, then secure with an elastic.
4. Take the rest of your hair and put it in a ponytail in the back of your head. Then just start teasing! I teased mine A LOT just so the bun had lots of volume and stayed in place really well. Then just wrap hair around forming a bun.
5. Start wrapping the braids around the bun. There is no rhyme or reason to this, but I started with my regular braid first, so I would have my fishtail braid on top, but feel free to do whatever you would like here!
6. Make sure the braids are secure and the hair elastics are hidden, then hairspray that sucker down! You don't want your adorable hairstyle goin' anywhere. And of course, take pics of your awesome braided updo! These types of things need to be documented. ;)
Hope you all have an awesome day! Thank you so much for reading!